Mr Ajay S Shriram
Chairman & Sr. Managing Director- DCM Shriram Ltd.
Mr. Ajay S. Shriram is Chairman and Sr. Managing Director of DCM Shriram Ltd. and Chairman of its subsidiary company, Shriram Bioseed Ventures Ltd.
Post his schooling from The Doon School, Dehradun (India), Mr. Shriram obtained a Bachelors degree in Commerce from Sydenham College, Bombay. He attended various training & management development programs in India & overseas and participated in the “Programme for Management Development” (PMD) at the Harvard Business School, Boston, USA.
Mr. Shriram is the immediate Past President, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). He is also the Chairman of the Governing Body of Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) and a Trustee of SOS Children Villages of India.
Apart from being a Chairman or Member of various Committees in CII in the past, he has also held the following positions:
- President & Chairman of International Fertilizer Industry Association, Paris (2009-11)
- Chairman, Agriculture Committee, International Fertilizer Industry Association, Paris (2003-05)
- Chairman, Fertilizer Association of India (2000-02)
- Member, Asian Food & Agribusiness Advisory Board, Asia, Rabobank International (2006-09)
- Member, Managing Committee, PHD Chamber of Commerce (Upto 2006)
- President, Doon School Old Boys Society (2000-02)
- Member, Board of Governors, The Doon School, Dehradun (2002-08).
- Treasurer, Board of Governors, The Doon School, Dehradun (2004-08).
- Member, Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (2002-07)
- Member, Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (2003-06).
- Chairman, Delhi Chapter, Young Presidents’ Organisation (1995-96).
- President, Alkali Manufacturers’ Association (1995-97)
- President, Northern Indian Textile Mill Association (1992-93)